RIP BSA

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

RIP BSA

Post by Hovannes »

The Boy Scouts existed to give boys opportunities to mature into men. Baden-Powell recognized the need when he found his recruits, offsprings of the Industrial Revolution, lacked practical skills such a leadership, problem solving and woodcraft.

Now Scouting USA is apparently in business to give girls opportunities to mature into men.
Del
Usher
Usher

RIP BSA

Post by Del »

Didn't Boy Scouts just endure a terrible widespread child/sex abuse scandal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scout ... buse_cases

How is this going to help?
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

RIP BSA

Post by SlowToke »

To be honest, I'm surprised they have survived the last couple decades at all with the war on boys and men in general.
Del
Usher
Usher

RIP BSA

Post by Del »

SlowToke wrote: 08 May 2024, 20:39 To be honest, I'm surprised they have survived the last couple decades at all with the war on boys and men in general.
Boys aren't allowed to be boys anymore.

But girls are.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

RIP BSA

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 09 May 2024, 06:02
SlowToke wrote: 08 May 2024, 20:39 To be honest, I'm surprised they have survived the last couple decades at all with the war on boys and men in general.

But girls are.
The tragic part of the story is that it's the adults in the room (woke BSA hierarchy) that plunged the dagger into the back of Scouting.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

RIP BSA

Post by FredS »

The primary reason I left cub scouts in favor of 4-H is that they had girls in 4-H. And yes, I dated some of them as a teenager. If scouting in the 60's had been bisexual I might have stayed.

Besides, I was lucky enough to pick up all the woodcraft and camping skills I've ever needed from my father. Except knots. I only know a half dozen so I end up using less-than-optimal knots in many situations.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

RIP BSA

Post by Del »

Hovannes wrote: 09 May 2024, 10:31
Del wrote: 09 May 2024, 06:02

But girls are.
The tragic part of the story is that it's the adults in the room (woke BSA hierarchy) that plunged the dagger into the back of Scouting.
Woke activists have infiltrated every natural and venerable institution. Metastasized like cancer.

Universities, schools, news, entertainment, corporations, churches, military, and one of the two major political parties (the more powerful and aggressive one). Not just in America -- they have assets high and deep in every Western European nation and the Vatican.

No surprise that they have taken over the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.

CPS is just a few refugees fleeing the walking dead.