Got any trips planned?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Got any trips planned?

Post by Hovannes »

sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Got any trips planned?

Post by sweetandsour »

I didn't watch the entire video, (in fact only a few seconds), but to your question, which could be a very interesting thread topic, btw, we do have a couple of trips planned, to New Orleans sometime this summer maybe, and Savannah in December.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Got any trips planned?

Post by Bloodhound »

Well I did go down the "Rabbit Hole"...listened to that one and another of their songs...I had forgotten about this band...and I'll leave it at that

Back to the subject at hand...

We traveled to the Lone Star State for oldest Grand Daughter's college graduation and 3 days after we got back, we drove to the Western side of Colorado and attended the middle Grand Daughter's high school graduation. Back home now and working and we are headed back across the state this weekend for the long weekend at the cabin. There may be some fishing if I don't get too many projects after the long winter lock up...I always a little fearful the first trip back to the cabin, wondering what ravages were suffered from being shut down for the winter...burst waterlines being the biggest concern followed by the local rodent population...

We are planning a long weekend next month in Wyoming...but other than trips to and from the cabin, that is about it for now.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Got any trips planned?

Post by GaryInVA »

We are headed to the East Coast at the end of June. My so has a 9 day engineering camp at Virginia Tech. We'll be visiting family and old haunts up and down the coast until he is done. We are also stopping by Embry-Riddle for a campus tour in FL.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Got any trips planned?

Post by Hovannes »

GaryInVA wrote: 21 May 2024, 10:25 We are headed to the East Coast at the end of June. My so has a 9 day engineering camp at Virginia Tech. We'll be visiting family and old haunts up and down the coast until he is done. We are also stopping by Embry-Riddle for a campus tour in FL.
Wow! I used to be an instructor for Embry- Riddle. I still drink coffee out of my Embry-Riddle coffee mug. :D
Del
Deacon
Deacon

Got any trips planned?

Post by Del »

Hovannes wrote: 21 May 2024, 10:59
GaryInVA wrote: 21 May 2024, 10:25 We are headed to the East Coast at the end of June. My so has a 9 day engineering camp at Virginia Tech. We'll be visiting family and old haunts up and down the coast until he is done. We are also stopping by Embry-Riddle for a campus tour in FL.
Wow! I used to be an instructor for Embry- Riddle. I still drink coffee out of my Embry-Riddle coffee mug. :D
Embry-Riddle is a flight school!!! What did you teach there? Mule shoeing?

As for road trips..... We're leaving Sunday for Ireland. I'll be off-line for a week or so.

Gonna visit Dublin, Galway, and the Dingle Peninsula. See Knock, and the Book of Kells.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Got any trips planned?

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 21 May 2024, 18:23

As for road trips..... We're leaving Sunday for Ireland. I'll be off-line for a week or so.

Gonna visit Dublin, Galway, and the Dingle Peninsula. See Knock, and the Book of Kells.
Stay safe!
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Got any trips planned?

Post by jmg »

Me and my girls are heading to northeast Georgia the last week of this month. My oldest graduated last week (crazy). We asked her what she wanted for a graduation gift and fellas..."I'd really love to go somewhere as a family where we could go hiking in the mountains again." Talk about making my father's heart get all mushy. My 18 year old daughter wants to spend time with her family. We came back to the States four years ago and this will be the first time to take a vacation. And good grief do I need it. My job is beyond stressful...it's really been a tough weight to bear, but a necessity to pay the bills. I'm really looking forward to getting away with my girls. Really hoping the weather cooperates.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Got any trips planned?

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 21 May 2024, 18:23

I was a Lecturer, then an Assistant Professor in Speech, English and Technical Writing.
Adjunct faculty at the Residence Center at Naval Air Station Lemoore.
Safe travels and have a Guiness for me, will ya?
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Got any trips planned?

Post by Hugo Drax »

Eldest daughter will take off for Tokyo mid-June. Middle and third daughter will leave a week after. Wife and I will leave a week after that and I'll return a week before they all do.

I'm nervous as heck about sending a thirteen year old in charge of an 11 year old, but we need to start letting go and letting God.