Chanterelles…

Want to share something posted on your blog, or the fact that you have a blog? Here's one for bloggers.
Post Reply
User avatar
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face
Posts: 544
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 15:35
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Chanterelles…

Post by jmg »

"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
User avatar
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 491
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 13:57
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Chanterelles…

Post by GaryInVA »

Good watch. Never know what you'll learn on CPS.

Thanks JMG.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
User avatar
Del
Deacon
Deacon
Posts: 3159
Joined: 11 Apr 2022, 22:08
Location: Madison, WI
Has thanked: 266 times
Been thanked: 446 times

Chanterelles…

Post by Del »

I am so jealous!

Chef John Besh wrote my favorite cookbook on bayou country home cooking. He talks about harvesting chanterelles. They don't grow up north.

When I was a kid, we used to hunt morels in Missouri. They are harder to spot than the bright chanterelles, but easy to differentiate from poisonous toadstools.

Deer love morels. With the proliferation of deer everywhere, I hardly ever see morels anymore.
User avatar
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face
Posts: 544
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 15:35
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Chanterelles…

Post by jmg »

Del wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 05:30 I am so jealous!

Chef John Besh wrote my favorite cookbook on bayou country home cooking. He talks about harvesting chanterelles. They don't grow up north.

When I was a kid, we used to hunt morels in Missouri. They are harder to spot than the bright chanterelles, but easy to differentiate from poisonous toadstools.

Deer love morels. With the proliferation of deer everywhere, I hardly ever see morels anymore.
Where up north? They grow all over the NE.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
User avatar
Del
Deacon
Deacon
Posts: 3159
Joined: 11 Apr 2022, 22:08
Location: Madison, WI
Has thanked: 266 times
Been thanked: 446 times

Chanterelles…

Post by Del »

jmg wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 19:12
Del wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 05:30 I am so jealous!

Chef John Besh wrote my favorite cookbook on bayou country home cooking. He talks about harvesting chanterelles. They don't grow up north.

When I was a kid, we used to hunt morels in Missouri. They are harder to spot than the bright chanterelles, but easy to differentiate from poisonous toadstools.

Deer love morels. With the proliferation of deer everywhere, I hardly ever see morels anymore.
Where up north? They grow all over the NE.
Wow.... the internet says that they grow on the east coast and the west coast -- and in Wisconsin too!

I gotta find me an oak grove! Without much deer, if possible.
User avatar
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site
Posts: 1528
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 15:54
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 273 times

Chanterelles…

Post by coco »

Del wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 21:36
jmg wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 19:12
Del wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 05:30 I am so jealous!

Chef John Besh wrote my favorite cookbook on bayou country home cooking. He talks about harvesting chanterelles. They don't grow up north.

When I was a kid, we used to hunt morels in Missouri. They are harder to spot than the bright chanterelles, but easy to differentiate from poisonous toadstools.

Deer love morels. With the proliferation of deer everywhere, I hardly ever see morels anymore.
Where up north? They grow all over the NE.
Wow.... the internet says that they grow on the east coast and the west coast -- and in Wisconsin too!

I gotta find me an oak grove! Without much deer, if possible.
If you shoot the deer before he eats too many of the chanterelles, you could have venison with mushroom gravy.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
User avatar
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman
Posts: 1813
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 06:05
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 545 times

Chanterelles…

Post by FredS »

I like that song Jerry Lee Lewis sings about chanterelles.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent
Posts: 740
Joined: 17 Apr 2022, 06:59
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 234 times

Chanterelles…

Post by Hugo Drax »

Del wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 21:36
jmg wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 19:12
Del wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 05:30 I am so jealous!

Chef John Besh wrote my favorite cookbook on bayou country home cooking. He talks about harvesting chanterelles. They don't grow up north.

When I was a kid, we used to hunt morels in Missouri. They are harder to spot than the bright chanterelles, but easy to differentiate from poisonous toadstools.

Deer love morels. With the proliferation of deer everywhere, I hardly ever see morels anymore.
Where up north? They grow all over the NE.
Wow.... the internet says that they grow on the east coast and the west coast -- and in Wisconsin too!

I gotta find me an oak grove! Without much deer, if possible.
Del, Americans make a real big deal about how "super dangerous" mushroom hunting is. It's really not. Just get yourself a little guidebook and go out there and have fun.

Or don't get the guidebook. You're not a Democrat, are you? The important thing here is just to go out there and pick and eat wild mushrooms right on the spot.

Proud of you, buddy.
Post Reply